calendar link
School Programs
In-class Programs
Homeschool Programs
Youth Groups Programs (BSA, GS, Campfire USA)
Field Trips
Summer Camps

Lake Region Audubon Summer Camps

Frequently Asked Questions

What time do the camps run?

The Nature Adventures Summer Camp, ages 6-10, runs from 9:00am-4:00pm.
The LRAS Student Steward's Program, ages 11-16, runs from 9:00am-4:00pm

I need aftercare for my child. How do I register?

Unfortunately we can't offer extended aftercare at this time. We expect all campers to be picked up by their parents or approved guardian no later than 15 minutes after the day session ends.

Where can I get more information?

For detailed information on both programs you can visit our website at: or by calling 863-797-7374.

Who do I call if I have questions?

You may want to contact us at either: 863-797-7374 or via email at:

Do I have to be a Lake Region Audubon Member to register for camp?

You do not need to be an LRAS member to register for camp. However, there are many advantages to joining, including discounted rates for other LRAS programs and email updates on programs and special events.

How do I become a member?

You can become a member when you register online at:

How do I cancel my registration?

Cancellations for full refund are only possible when received 15 days before starting date. Please send your request to

Who can I talk to about my child's special needs (learning, behavior, health and allergies, etc.)?

You can send an email to with your description and we'll be in touch with you as a soon as possible to discuss.

What summer job opportunities do you have available?
Do you have a CIT program for high-schoolers?

For paid positions, you must be over 18 and meet certain requirements. Opportunities for Education Interns and high school students are available as non-paying positions.

I am already registered for the summer camp. What do I need to have ready for the first day?

We will EMAIL you a final confirmation packet two weeks before the start date of your camp. You will need to fill out a health form and bring it with you to check-in the first day of camp in the event that your child requires medications to be administered during the day. If you do not receive a confirmation packet via email a couple of weeks before your child's camp begins, please send us an email at

Do you need a separate Medication Authorization form for each medication (including over the counter meds)?

Yes. We need a form signed by a doctor, even for Advil, Benadryl, Dramamine, etc.

Do you run background checks on your summer camp staff?

The safety of our campers is our top concern at LRAS. While we don't directly do the background checks, our staff are all Polk School District Approved Volunteers, Staff or students currently enrolled in Polk School programs.



115 Lameraux Road ∙ Winter Haven, Florida 33884 (863) 259-8497